Monday, January 17, 2011

Annah Rondon & Beba, Bruno, and Mikey

Who is in the photo at right?

That's me, Annah Rondon, and my dog, Beba. She's turning ten now in March and I rescued her when she was about nine months old. She's a poodle.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Coffee at my mom's house with Beba.

What's brewing?

Cafe con leche. Which is made with organic milk, Folgers instant coffee, vanilla flavored powder, sugar (lots of it) and a pinch of salt.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

Cookies (because I'm a fattie).

Any treat for your dogs on this occasion?

She just had a cheeseburger so no more treats for now.

How were you and your dogs united?

All my dogs are rescues (from the street) except for Beba. Beba was given to me by someone to take care of her and they never came back to get her.

How did your dogs get their names? Do they have any nicknames?

Beba means baby in spanish for a girl. She's very cuddly and sweet so it seemed appropriate at the time. Bruno and Mikey just sort of happened (my dad named Bruno and my ex boyfriend named Mikey). It stuck. Bruno's nickname is Botchi and Mikey's is Bear. They understand their nicknames which I think is the cutest thing ever. Or maybe I'm just a proud momma.

Squirrel, cat, postman...?

Cat. Definitely cats.

Tennis ball, Frisbee, squeaky-toy...?

Squeaky toys. Which drive me absolutely crazy but they all love.

Where is your dogs' favorite place for an outing?

There's a place on South Beach called Lincoln Road. There's lot of bars and restaurants and everyone takes their dogs. It's like a doggie fashion show.

Who are your dogs' best pet-pals?

Each other. They're a bunch of A**holes so really they have no friends.

What is each dog's most endearing quality?

They all love to cuddle and I'm a big time cuddler. My dogs disarm me with the amount of love they shower me with every day. Each night I thank God for blessing me with them (I know that sounded corny but I truly love them).

If your dogs could change one thing about you, what would it be?

That I'd be timely when it's time for them to eat.

What is each dog's proudest moment? Most embarrassing?

Most embarrassing was when I took Mikey to the vet and pooped on someone's shoe. It was horrible. Proudest? All the time. I'm a proud mommy.

Visit Annah Rondon's blog, Red Means Go.

--Marshal Zeringue