Monday, April 11, 2011

Tasha B. & Pearl

Who is in the photo at right?

Pearl is a German medium-sized schnauzer who's 10 years old this spring. I'm Tasha, and I'm a Ph.D. student and book blogger.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

After dinner wine in my jammies!

What are you poring?

I'm pretty sure the wine is pinot noir, though I can't remember the vineyard. Sorry.

Any goodies to go with the coffee?

Not for me.

Any treat for Pearl on this occasion?

Pearl gets one of her favorite treats, a Yam Good.

How are you and Pearl connected?

Pearl is actually my mom's dog, but she's kind enough to share her attention on occasion.

How did Pearl get her name? Does she have any nicknames?

My brother named Pearl. I don't know why, it just seemed to fit her personality. We also call her PQ and Pearly Ann.

Squirrel, cat, postman...?

Squirrel, definitely! We have a family of squirrels living in our backyard and they like to tease her into chasing them.

Tennis ball, Frisbee, squeaky-toy...?

Squeaky toy, but only when she feels like it. She's not much into retrieving.

Where is Pearl's favorite place for an outing?

I think Pearly likes to go to Starbucks because I let her have some of my latte foam (don't tell my mom I said that).

Who is Pearl's best pet-pal?

It was probably her brother, Oliver, but he died a few years ago.

If Pearl could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?

That she would give Pearl more treats. And that she would spend less time on Facebook and more time petting her... and getting her treats.

What is Pearl's proudest moment? Most embarrassing?

When she was a puppy she dug up a vole and brought it in to the house to my mom, all proud of herself. Unfortunately both my mom and I are really scared of rodents, and immediately started screaming our heads off and jumping up on chairs. Poor Pearl! She never brought us another backyard animal as a present.

Visit Tasha's Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books blog.

--Marshal Zeringue