Monday, March 26, 2012

Judy & Bailey

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Judy and I am owner of KibblePlace.com, an online dog-themed boutique (named after our 1st rescue dog, Kibbles). My little 4# Chihuahua is Bailey, our 2nd rescue. We live in SoCal with my hubby of 30+ years.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Are you kidding? We have coffee with a canine every single day. No special occasion, we just love coffee, and our doggie.

What's brewing?

Today I brewed a French press of Marley Coffee's One Love.

Any treats for you or Bailey on this occasion?

I usually don't have anything with my coffee but Bailey always gets a couple of Zuke's Mini Naturals. She knows that coffee time = snack time. She doesn't get them for free though; she has to sit up and beg for them.

How did Bailey get her name? Any aliases?

I've always liked the name Bailey, so I knew the next dog we rescued, boy or girl, would get that name. I also call her Doggie, just because she is so tiny and hubby calls her BaileyBoo.

How were you and Bailey united?

Purely by accident. Hubby and I had been contemplating adopting a senior dog because we know that fewer people want the older dogs.

Cancer had taken our Kibbles 10 months prior and our home was beginning to ache for another dog. One day after coffee, we found Bailey and we knew she was the one for us.

Does Bailey have a favorite place to go for an outing?

She will happily go anywhere we go. She's even been on a road trip to San Francisco!

She knows the ritual I go through before leaving the house and she starts getting excited, hoping she's going too. If she sees me getting her harness, she knows she's invited and she starts spinning circles with excitement. If I tell her "I'll be right back", she actually hangs her head and starts moping. It's so sad...

Who is Bailey's best pet-pal?

Her best pet-pal is my daughter's Chihuahua, Aoife.

With Aoife being more than twice her size, playtime can get a little rough but Bailey isn't afraid to speak up when she's had enough. And when Bailey speaks, Aoife listens.

Squirrel, postman, cat...?

Bailey's never encountered a squirrel or cat but we have lots of lizards on our property and she doesn't mind them at all. She'll just sit and watch them scurry around.

She is a people person, so the postman doesn't bother her either.

Squeaky-top, ball, Frisbee...?

She loves her squeaky teddy bear. There aren't too many toys made for tiny dogs, so I was really excited when I found this tiny teddy bear for her.

She also has a tiny ducky & froggie, but teddy is her favorite.

What is Bailey's best quality?

Bailey's best quality is her ability to bring a smile to our faces. She is so loving & sweet, it's hard not to smile when we look at her.

If Bailey could change one thing about Californians, what would it be?

I think she would want to change the perception that, people in general, not just Californians, have about shelter dogs. They are just as good, if not better than the puppy mill dogs you are likely to find in the pet shops.

We try to spread the word as much as possible that adoption should be the only option.

What is Bailey's proudest moment?

Bailey's proudest moment is when she learned to sit up and beg. When I was first teaching her she had such trouble keeping her balance. She would wobble and her arms would be spread out trying to keep balance. It was so funny to watch but now she sits up like a pro.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Bailey could speak, which actor should do her voice?

I wanted to pick Billie Burke but since she's "unavailable," then maybe Kristen Chenoweth or Carol Kane.

Visit the Kibbles Place website, Bailey's blog, the Coffeemeister blog, and the Kibbles Place Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue

4 comments:

  1. what cutie pies...nice to meet you
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved reading all about Bailey, she is so sweet!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved learning more about you and Bailey! She is adorable as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! The pups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete