Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Beth Poole & Lizzy, TJ and Tank

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Beth Poole; I am a retired chemist. I currently make jewelry, am studying for my NAPPS certification and most importantly work in rescue. I also have a blog, where I talk about the dogs I work with everyday at Husky Haven. I am hugging my 6-year-old red and white Husky, Lizzy... and Tank, my 7-year-old Pit mix is trying to get in the picture. I also have TJ, he is my all white 6-year-old Husky.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I have coffee every morning after I walk all three of my babies...a time for us to relax together before I start my rescue work.

What's brewing?

I have a glass of Gevalia Expresso Roast, Iced, with two Stevia in the Raw.

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

No treats for me, but the dogs usually get a Purina Pro Plan biscuit.

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

Lizzy was named Liza at the rescue: my son said we should liven up her name so she became Lizzy. I also call her Lizzy Bear.

TJ's name was that at the rescue and we kept it. I call him Jay, Jayster and Ouija Board...don't ask me why!!

Tank [photo left] was named by the people who found him wandering the side of the road after he was tossed out of a car...the name seemed apropos (he's a really muscular short guy), so it stuck. His only other alias is Tanky.

How were you and your dogs united?

Both of my Huskies came from Husky Haven...about the time I started volunteering there. Tank, as I said was found on the side of the road by some of our volunteers, it was love at first site for both of us and we had a trio.... Tank thinks he's one of the Huskies!!!

Who are your dogs' best pet-pals?

We have a couple of other volunteers and Husky owners that we pal around with, but usually I have one or two fosters here, so they always have a few friends hanging around.

Squirrel, postman, cat....?

Squirrels definitely!!!

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

Lizzy [photo right] is the only one who will play with toys, squeaky for her. The boys only want to tear up the toys!!

What is each dog's best quality?

Lizzy is my playful,sweet girl. TJ is my laid-back,loving guy. Tank is the most affectionate of the group, he always wants to be near me. (He is, in fact, sitting by my feet right now).

If your dogs could change one thing about you, what would it be?

They hate it when I'm blogging and thought that when I retired I'd spend more time with them. They would want me to spend less computer time and less time with all the rescues I work with.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, which actors should do their voices?

Lizzy would be Julianne Moore, another feisty redhead.

TJ [photo left] would be my favorite actor of all time, Vincent D'Onofrio.... I can just hear TJ with that voice.

Tank would be the comic relief...Jack Black.

If your dogs could answer only one question in English, what would you ask them?

For both TJ and Lizzy I would ask: What happened to both of you wonderful dogs that you ended up in animal control and then rescue?? For Tank I would ask: How did a sweet dog like you end up being tossed by his owners?

Visit the Lizzy's Life blog and Husky Haven website.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to get to know you! Thanks for another great interview here at "Coffee with Canine". These always make me wag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so honored to be chosen for this......Thanks so much..Beth,Lizzy,TJ and Tank!!!

    ReplyDelete