Friday, October 26, 2012

Jaime & Cookie Munster

photo credit: Tom Buchanan
Who is in the photo at right?

From top left... my husband Dan who is hanging onto Chance (the Munsterlander that started the craze), Jules (Cookie's mom), my step-dad Rob; I'm Jaime and I'm at the bottom left hanging onto Cookie Munster, Mocca (Cookie's brother), my mom Gwen who's hanging onto Steele (Cookie's dad).

Dan and I own Cookie who is a 4 year old male Small Munsterlander. The rest of the Munster Pack lives with my folks. Everyone is fixed now so no more Munsters! I'm the Financial Services Manager at a Mazda dealership. I've been there just shy of 7 years and it's been a really fun challenging job. I am also the President of our local Big Brothers Big Sisters Agency. I have been involved with BBBS for 10+ years in various capacities. It's a great organization to donate my time to.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Dan's gone for an early morning golf game. So, Cookie and I have a rare morning home together alone.

What's brewing?

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte... decaf because I'm just shy of 7 months pregnant [editor's note: as of mid-September].

Any treats for you or Cookie on this occasion?

I picked up a fresh baked glazed cinnamon roll at the grocery store this morning.

How were you and Cookie united?

When the pups were little I would go out and visit with the litter. Right from the very beginning he would follow me around and try to climb in my lap. Dan and I had a sheltie at the time so we weren't really planning to get another dog. By the time the pups were eight weeks old and ready to go six of the eight had homes. My mom was getting a little anxious about having two spare pups so we decided to take one. I guess he picked me from the very beginning and it was fate that he was one of the last two left.

How did he get his name? Any aliases?

photo credit: Paws on the Run Pet Photography
Dan and I thought it would be funny if he had had a name from the TV show The Musters but didn't like any of the characters names so we settled on Cookie Munster. We also call him Cook, Cooker, or I call him Rookie Cookie. Even though we have been doing agility trials for nearly a year and a half he still trials like he's a Rookie!

Does Cookie have a favorite place to go for an outing?

He loves to go to my folks' cabin to hangout for the weekend with the whole Munster clan. It's a little over an hour away so we don't get there as much as I would like. In the city we live about a 15min walk from the Old Man River. There is a nice off leash park there. We walk down to the park on a regular basis and he gets to go swimming.

Squeaky-toy, ball, stick...?

We have a bunch of floaty toys that we take down to the river that he loves. He's a good swimmer and on a hot day he will spend ages retrieving toys! He also loves our socks and shoes. When he is excited he has to have something in his mouth. Dan and I are always running around the house looking for a matching shoe!

Who is Cookie's best pet-pal?

photo credit: Paws on the Run Pet Photography
He loves being with all the other Munsters. He gets along best with his brother Mocca. Sometimes his parents like to put him in his place in the pack! Chance is old and doesn't pay much attention to the youngsters. He also loves a little Sheltie (Catch) that we do agility with. We have babysat little Catch a few times and they have a blast together. My in-laws have a Sharpei that he really likes as well. He can be a bit of a jerk around new dogs so I have to really watch him at trials and the dog park. He shares our home with a Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo... they are definitely not BFF's. I would say they barely tolerate each other. Cookie, the bird dog, is afraid of her and she knows it.

What is Cookie's best quality?

He's a very sweet boy... he loves to cuddle, be petted, and just be with us. He's also a very loyal dog.

If Cookie could change one thing about you, what would it be?

Between my job and volunteer work I am very busy. Cookie probably wishes I was home more. I am really looking forward to my year of maternity leave to be at home with Cookie and the baby. I'm sure Cookie will love it too!

photo credit: Paws on the Run Pet Photography
What is Cookie's proudest moment?

Not sure what I would say his proudest moment is... He does have a bad habit of stopping in the middle of an agility run in competition and taking a poop. I think he is a nervous pooper and the stress of the trial setting gets to him. Not his proudest moments but I can laugh about them now.

If Cookie could speak in the movie about your life, who should do his voice?

I had to ask Dan because I'm not much of a movie person... He said Nicholas Cage, not sure why. Personally I think he is more like Eddie Murphy because I think he is like Donkey in Shrek. He's loveable but silly and kind of scattered at times.

If Cookie could answer just one question in English, what would you ask him?

Do you actually like doing doggie sports or do you just go along with it because I like it?

Visit the Munster Madness blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments:

  1. Cookie is very handsome. I think he should get extra points for pooping in the middle of aglity. It takes a confident dog to poop in front of so many people and judges too.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Munster pack is really neat!

    ReplyDelete