Monday, January 14, 2013

Sue & Oscar and Sheba

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Sue, I am married to Steve and we have to sons, one out flatting and one still at home but just started working. I work only on Mondays in a vintage/collectable shop so I have plenty of time to spend with my two dogs, Oscar, a Maltese/Bichon age 6 and a 1/2, and Sheba, a Lab/Border Collie aged 2 and ¾.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

We live in Suburbia with a huge back yard that is heavily planted and park like with a few different seating areas. On this occasion I was about to read my book while relaxing on my garden swing chair. Both dogs decided to join me like they usually do. Oscar is either on my lap or next to me, but always close. Sheba is always hanging around but with one of her balls waiting for me to start a game on “you kick and I will chase it”.

What's brewing?

I am not a coffee drinker although I am trying to like Moccha as I need to part take in being grown up. I am a devoted Earl Grey drinker.

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

No treats on this occasion other than being able to share some quality time with their mother, on the swing chair.

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

Both dogs are adopted so came pre named. Oscar sometimes gets called “Ozzy” and Sheba gets the occasional “She-be-be”.

How were you and your dogs united?

We used to be the proud owners of the most lovely Labradoodle named Ben that we adopted from animal rescue when he was one. He was with us for 12 years and when he passed away he was terribly missed. He hasn't been replaced in our hearts or our memories but we have adopted the two current dogs since he has gone. Both came to us via Trade Me and both were dogs that were well loved but needed to be re homed due to family situations.

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

Oscar has one of those soft toy ducks you get from pet shops that he likes to throw about. Sheba is not allowed to play with this as she basically destroys soft toys. Sheba has two soccer balls. She likes to have one in her mouth while she dribbles the other one “soccer styles” with her head and feet. Both of them are rather partial to the odd dirty sock usually found on the teenage sons' bedroom floor. These make for great fun in the form of tug of war. Sheba mainly drags Oscar around the house so not a lot of tugging going on.

Who are your dogs' best pet-pals?

Oscar and Sheba are best pals and play a lot of the time. But I am Oscar BFF as he is one step behind me when I am moving and on me or next to me if I sit. If I strapped him into one of those baby front packs I think he would be one happy small dog. Sheba's BFF would have to be Steve as he is the most willing partner in kicking the ball for her.

What is each dog's best quality?

Both dogs' best quality would have to be their unconditional love they have for the entire family and their loyalty.

If your dogs could change one thing about you, what would it be?

If they could change one thing about me it would be that I sit still longer. Every time I get up and move they feel the need to follow me, even if it is just across the room.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, which actors should do their voices?

My life to date hasn't been worthy of a movie but if they were going to have actors to play their voices then Oscar would get George Clooney and Sheba would get Angelina Jolie, then I could get to meet Brad. Call me shallow but I would be smiling!!

If your dogs could answer only one question in English, what would you ask them?

I would ask them if they feel as lucky as I do to be sharing their life with me as I do with them.

Visit the "You can call me Sue" blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

1 comment:

  1. Sue!! I didn't know you'd done this - sorry It took me so long! Lovely to meet Sheba and Oscar xxx

    ReplyDelete