Monday, July 7, 2014

Angel Musk & Ellie, Kumori, Tessa, Tucker, and Micah

Who is in the photo at right?

I am Angel Musk, a Mother of 3 boys, full-time worker, and part-time writer. I am a big dog lover! I share my home with Ellie, Kumori, Tessa, Tucker, and Micah. Micah is the son of Tessa and Tucker and is pug/Chihuahua mix. This is Tucker and me working. All of my dogs are under 7 years old.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

My book launch, Essence of Time. This is my first novel and I am really excited about it!

What's brewing?

Well, I can't stand the taste of coffee. So my favorite beverage is McDonald's Sweet Tea!

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

I ordered my dog children a 3 Month Bark Box Subscription. So far they are loving the treats and toys.

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

Ellie, was already named when we got her. She is named after the mammoth from the movie, Ice Age 2. Kumori, also had that name when we rescued her from the shelter. Her previous owner were friends of ours. Tessa, was received from a friend that no longer wanted her. Tucker, was from Tennessee and we had to throw in a little Kentucky pride for his name. Micah, was born from Tessa and when he came out he looked like he was wearing a mask like a raccoon. So we searched the internet for native American names for a raccoon.

How were you and your dogs united?

We were very fortunate to have these dogs enter our lives. Most were spur of the moment that turned into forever homes. We wouldn't have it any other way.

How do your dogs help--or hinder--your writing?

They like to snuggle up next to me. Tucker, the Chihuahua tries to climb under my laptop because it's so warm.

Have any actual dogs inspired fictional dogs in your published work?

There are dogs in my book but they were not my main focus.

Who are your dogs' best pet-pals?

Children!

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

Kumori will take sticks off trees to chew and play fetch with. She will also play with Frisbees and balls. She also likes to chase UPS trucks!

If your dogs could change one thing about Kentuckians, what would it be?
Not a thing, they love Kentuckians!

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, which actors should do their voices?

Queen Latifah for Ellie, Robert Downey Jr. for Tucker, Sandra Bullock for Tessa, Nicole Kidman for Kumori, and Ashton Kutcher for Micah.

If your dogs could answer only one question in English, what would you ask them?

Are you happy?

Visit Angel Musk's website.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment