Monday, December 15, 2014

Alice Passoni & Chaky

Who is in the photo at right?

I’m Alice Passoni and I’m studying “Animal breeding and welfare” in Italy, where I live.

Last year I opened an Instagram account where I put all my illustrations about my dog Chaky: he is a male 16 years old Yorkshire terrier.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

A break from studying (for me) and a break from sleeping (for him)! And, this is an occasion to talk about his birthday party! (He’s turning 17 years old in few days!)

What's brewing?

Hot chocolate in big Starbucks mug! Love it!

Any treats for you or Chaky on this occasion?

Oh yes! Big homemade chocolate chip cookies for me and cookie crunchies for Chaky.

How were you and Chaky united?

My father took him home when I was 7 years old! I remember that day very well: I was having dinner and suddenly my father showed up with a tiny living being in his hands! And that’s how our adventure, friendship and love story began!

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

I remember my sister, who was only 2 years old, suggesting many silly names but I think the final name was chosen by my mom: she chose Chaky because it’s a short, easy name and she liked its sound!

Yes, he has loads of aliases: little chaky, chachee, chacho, little potato and other silly names that comes to my mind when I look at him!

You've got many terrific illustrations on your Instagram site. Does Chaky ever pose for you, or is his image imprinted in your mind?

Oh yes … indirectly! All my illustrations are based on what Chaky has done during the day and the way he acted. Then I let my imagination run wild!

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Unfortunately squirrels are very rare in the area I live in! He has a love/hate thing with our neighbor’s cats and, as a very respectable dog, he hates the postman!

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

He used to play with the ball and squeaky-toys, which were his favourite toys!

He has never retrieved a stick and when I was a kid this kinda disappointed me because all the TV series’ dogs used to do it! Nowadays play fight!

Who is Chaky's best pet-pal?

He used to play with my cousin’s dog, but now that he’s gone I am his best pal!

What is Chaky's best quality?

I see true love in him, that’s why I use to say that he’s my prince charming!

If Chaky could change one thing about Italians, what would it be?

I think he would make them understand how it’s important to stay united, to support and to honor our country … and not only when it’s involved in a soccer game!

If Chaky could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

I always wonder if he is really happy, so I would ask him: “Do you want to make a wish?”

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Chaky could speak, who should voice him?

Tough question! I think Michael Socha should voice him, because I’m so in love with his accent! (He plays Will Scarlet, Knave of Hearts in Once Upon A Time, the TV series).

Visit the Now Where's My Chaky? Instagram site.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment