Monday, July 11, 2016

Cathy Ratcliffe & Kilo, Buddy, and Roxy

Who is in the photo at right?

This is me and Kilo. My name is Cathy. I run ILoveMyChi.com which is a website about Chihuahuas. Kilo is a 10-year-old female Chihuahua who I rescued when my neighbors moved and abandoned her. I also have 2 large dogs; Buddy, a German-Shepherd mix, and Roxy, a Border Collie.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Just a day at the beach. We live in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and although Virginia Beach is closed to dogs this time of year, there are other nearby beaches that the locals go to that are dog friendly.

What's brewing?

Just bottled water for me on this trip but at home I drink iced coffee every morning with cream, 2 Splendas and a few squirts of sugar free peppermint syrup.

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

Nope.

How were you and your dogs united?

Roxy and Kilo were rescues from neighbors. I already explained Kilo's abandonment. Roxy was adopted from a shelter as a puppy by a neighbor who had her a few days and decided he didn't want to deal with training a puppy so he gave her to my teen son. Buddy came to us as a puppy from a family friend.

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

Roxy and Kilo already had their names when we got them. Buddy was named by my daughter. We also call him Buds and call Roxy Rox sometimes. I call Kilo KiKi, too, sometimes.

[photo left: Buddy and Roxy]

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

Squirrel. We have bird feeders in our backyard that the squirrels like to raid. All I have to say is "squirrel" and all 3 dogs run out through the doggy door to chase them away.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Kilo had a stuffed toucan that she had as a puppy and loved it for many years. It finally wore out and fell apart. Buddy loves balls and squeaky toys and sticks too. Roxy doesn't really care for toys.

Do your dogs have a special pet-pal?

Buddy and Roxy are bonded to each other. Kilo gets a long with them both but doesn't really pal around with them. She only wants to be with me.

What is each dog's best quality?

Roxy is sweet and easy going. Buddy is very obedient. Kilo is extremely loyal to me and she's very smart.

If your dogs could change one thing about about you, what would it be?

Buddy would want me to chase him around the yard more. Kilo would just want me to hold her 24/7. I don't think Roxy would want to change anything. Maybe more "scratchies" from me.

If your dogs could answer only one question in English, what would you ask them?

Are you happy?

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, who should voice them?

The guy who does the voice of Patrick, the starfish on Spongebob Squarepants, should be the voice of Buddy. The voice of Kilo would be played by the lady that does Chloe in Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Drew Barrymore should do the voice of Roxy.

What advice would your dogs give if asked?

Love us and play with us every chance you get because we aren't here on this earth with you long.

Visit the I Love My Chi website and Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue

No comments:

Post a Comment